Thursday, October 6, 2011

Food Tripping in Singapore

Fish Soup at Food Republic

A trip in Singapore would not be complete without tasting the famous Singaporean delectable dishes. My first picture is a hot bowl of fish soup which me and my husband ate at Food Republic right after we finished our Universal Studios tour in Sentosa.  The fish soup was delicious. Just right, not spicy at all, which I like. My fiance said this is the meal he indulged in for a month when he first arrived in Singapore.



 
Durian dessert at Makansutra





Here is the very sumptuous durian dessert which we had at Makansutra, Singapore. Really tastes yummy  and really generous in terms of serving. However, the only problem is it remains in your breathe inspite of twice brushing. I guess that's the danger of eating the durian, taste like heaven, smells like hell (in your mouth at least).


Fried Hokkien Mee at Hawker Stall

One of my favorite hawker meal is fried hokkien mee. I have to wait for a long queu because this is made to order. This special noodle has squid, prawn, eggs and I really love the taste of this wonderful Singaporean dish. Only costs SGD 3.00 which is quite cheap!




2 comments:

  1. the only reason i would pick singapore over other southeast asian countries is the food.i've heard good things about singaporean food kaso parang mahal ata talaga.how are the prices sa mga hawkers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not really pricey. It ranges from 1 SGD (economic beehon) to 5SGD (indian food) so multiply it by 34 to convert to phil peso. I usually eat a set meal at 3 SGD usualy, chicken/duck with rice. So it's like you've just eaten at a mall but the quality is very good and the serving is really more than what you paid for.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To My Podcast

Search This Blog

Followers